PP for the Office

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
Been a while since I've posted -- like a long while! Two young kids, new jobs, life happens eh? I've still been smoking, just not telling anyone about it hah hah.

Anyway, made a grand bargain with our staff at the start of the year that if everyone did some super boring weekly administrative tasks on time I'd make pulled pork for the office. Took them two months, but in late February they got it. Smoked and pulled the pork Saturday, serving up today for lunch.

Taste tested last night - good as usual.

About four hours in. Smoker was going through charcoal faster than I remembered for pulled pork so I got ahead of it and filled before temps started to drop (been about a year since I've done PP, might just not have put enough unlit in at the start).
IMG_0484.jpeg

A few hours later, ~hour 10-11 ish of the smoke. Cheated a picture when I put the probe in. 185 IT in this pic.

IMG_0485.jpeg

Hitting 200, time to come off.

IMG_0486.jpeg

One of two pulled. This one is for the office, the second is for us!

IMG_0488.jpeg

Looks excellent! From what I see, you've not lost a step, and I wouldn't know you haven't done PP in a year. Great job, they're gonna enjoy it.

Reactions: mcokevin
Looks excellent! From what I see, you've not lost a step, and I wouldn't know you haven't done PP in a year. Great job, they're gonna enjoy it.

Thanks!

It's mostly been a time thing. I've been doing less time-intensive smokes like ribs and wings fairly often, so I'm not totally rusty. Shoulders are so forgiving and easy compared to other cuts, so it wasn't too painful!

I hope your staff was happy with them eats. I know I would have been!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: mcokevin
Thanks everyone! Flavor wasn't my best, but everyone loved it so no harm done. Making another round for them this summer!

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky