Powder coat option for a Blaz'n grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ws6man

Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Sandusky, OH

Just asking because I was considering it but wonder how well red would hold up after a few years.  I love the look but I wonder if the two tone would look worse 2-3 years down the road than if it was all done in the factory black

I have been looking into having my smoker re powder coated as well. From what the paint shop and experts on the forum say that may not be the best option. If your gona have your smoker redone it might be better to go with baked enamel or something like that. I cant afford to have mine sand blasted so I'm gona sand mine down and just spray paint mine.

We send quite a few parts out for powder coating at my office and I'd be concerned about the temps for the smoker vs. the curing temp for the powder.  If I remember correctly the curing temp - the temp the powder melts to form the homogeneous film - is right under 400 degrees F.  I'd be sure to speak with the powder coating people to make sure the temps from the smoker are compatible with the finished coating.  You wouldn't want to release any nasties into your smoke.

Good Luck,

Curt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky