Pork roast time/IT temperature questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It used to, will have to fix.

let me know how things turned out .. please .as that is one of my next projects here when it finally warms up. you see ive done lots of them ... however not with the best of success , now im seeing ways to do it properly as well done . and hey nice place there also , im from dawson Creek .. have a good one

Use a wireless therm to measure an accurate smoker temp at the meat and adjust the controller temp from there. In really cold weather, to get 225 at the meat, the controls on my MES have to be set at 250...JJ

Four hours at 225F got the IT to 140F finished in the oven. Really impressed with the MES, held the heat better than I thought it would. The TP-8 worked throughout the smoke, I would have thought the LCD would have frozen up, it was a bit slow changing from BBQ to Food towards the end.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
let me know how things turned out .. please .as that is one of my next projects here when it finally warms up. you see ive done lots of them ... however not with the best of success , now im seeing ways to do it properly as well done . and hey nice place there also , im from dawson Creek .. have a good one

Pork turned out excellent, moist and tasty. I forgot how much fat you need to pick thru. Next time I do pork for slicing it will be Tenderloin. Next Blade Shoulder Roast Im going to do will be the pulled pork route. Haven’t done one yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky