Pork butt pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JAEBR29

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 22, 2019
Third smoke and the one I may be most excited for. Pulled pork.
Started out great. Maybe a little behind schedule but the previous two smokes went way earlier than expected so I didn't think much of it.
Now I'm an hour and a half behind "schedule" and still have 15 degrees to go and resting. Maybe it was the clumsy/ newb move of trying to put the probe into the meat and somehow flipped the cooking great and dropped the meat into the water pan. Uggh. Picture below is before that incident.
Anyways.... We're getting there and I'm salivating.

Attachments

• IMG_20190406_092621793.jpg
    IMG_20190406_092621793.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 47
Finally to the resting stage. And for the first time I experienced sticking a fork into meat and it feeling like melted butter. Wow....I can't wait!

Haha. Yes definitely a way story. And a good reminder to myself not to sweat the small stuff. Even the "are you kidding me" stuff can turn out fine.

I need some advice...A good friend of mine smoked me a 6 lb pork butt yesterday and delivered it in a cooler wrapped in paper and towels. (It is for a happy hour I am hosting tonight and the plan was to reheat on low today and then pull/serve for the party). I took it out of the cooler around 8pm lasy night and it was still very hot. I meant to let it cool a bit and then refrigerate. Unfortunately I fell asleep and realized at 4:30 this morning it hadn't been refrigerated. My guess is that i have to throw it away at this point, correct? Thx!!

No doubt the IT was way below 150º so yup, throw it out. Sorry but you don't want to run the risk of making others ill.

Note: suggest next time you start a new thread vs adding to someone else's

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky