Pork Butt - Just relax and let the smoker and pork butt do its thang

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that looks good. I think some people freak out when they give themselves exactly 1.5 hours/lb. Cutting it close. I've got one going today that is gonna sit nice and slow. Cold and rainy here today, but that won't stop me [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Thanks ncheek16.  I've played with it all, and went hot n fast for quite a while.  Now that I'm not working, have lots of time, and a hands-off smoker setup, I really like the low n slow overnight to a hot n fast finish.  I don't even put a meat probe in for at least 12 hours or more.  I believe the drip pan I use slows the cooking a bit too, but I'm not sure how much.   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky