Pork butt burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I had picked up a pack of butt style country ribs the other day and not a single one had any of the blade bone in them. Decided to cube them and make burnt ends. No plated shot we just snacked on these right out of the pan.

Pork cubed up
0418201253~2.jpg

Killer hogs rub
0418201323c_HDR~2.jpg

On the smoker for about 2 hr
0418201825~2.jpg

Into a pan with brown sugar honey and butter
0418201845a_HDR~4.jpg

After about 1.5 hours transferred to another pan and glazed with 2 parts stubbs sweet and sticky sauce one part chicken broth . back on the smoker for about 15-20 min
0418202115_HDR~2.jpg

Almost didnt get a picture of them before they were gone! My oldest son ate about half the pan! Lol!
0418202148_HDR~2.jpg

They were really good...nice and tender melt in your mouth. Pretty nice snack for a Saturday afternoon!
Thanks for taking a look!

HMMM--Never thought of that, but they look Great !!
Nice Job Travis!
Like.
I haven't seen any CSRs from Butt-Meat lately, and the others are too lean!!

Bear

Looks great Travis! Never though about making them out of CSR's but will have to add it on the list to try out. Big LIKE!
Thanks! I think next time I'll just buy a small boneless butt. Be a lot cheaper that way and I can make a lot more.

HMMM--Never thought of that, but they look Great !!
Nice Job Travis!
Like.
I haven't seen any CSRs from Butt-Meat lately, and the others are too lean!!

Bear
Thanks Bear! I know what you mean. I see a lot of them cut from the tail end of the loin. Way too lean unless grilling hot and fast!

Pork burnt ends are my fav!! You are on a roll today. Pretty sure these made me drool on my phone!! Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky