Pork belly bites (cheater burnt ends) w/pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pintocrazy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Kelowna, BC
Haha well I haven’t posted anything new in years (I think) but I have still been smoking a bunch.

Decided to add something different (along with turkey and ham) to Easter dinner, so did some pork belly burnt ends.

Brined for 36 hours, tossed in a rub I made, smoked for 2 hours @ 200F with maple wood, and finished with a Tennessee honey mop in the oven until done.

Final sprinkle with my rub and maple sugar before serving. Turned out great and everyone loved them!! Will for sure be making again
F6E213C6-A9D4-4B81-9097-BFB3E58D9D9E.jpeg

44F16039-A48E-4B76-B91F-800CB905433E.jpeg

02EE2DB3-FEEF-4A89-8A80-68E3C52B2007.jpeg

Reactions: SmokinAl
I have yet to make those, but I have a couple of bellies in the freezer and the next time I make bacon, I'm going to cut off the end of the belly & make burnt ends for sure.
Yours really look good!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky