Poor Mans Osso Buco

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok, now that looks incredible my friend ! I'm lookin for beef or veal shank next time we're in the store, I gotta give this a try ! Thanks for posting this Richie !
Justin Thanks try to get them around 2" thick,you will enjoy them my friend and your family also. Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Thant really loos good, It's been a long time since I had that and it was great. Nice job ---  
points1.png

Gary

Looks great Richie!  I love  Osso Bucco.  I have made it with beef shanks and pork shanks for the same reason you did.  The veal shanks you get around here are pricey and hardly have any meat on them!  Points for sure!
Looks great. Fresh Pork Hocks are excellent prepared this way...JJ
Chris, JJ Thanks never heard of it being made with Hocks Thanks for the tip

Richie

What is the difference between hocks and shanks?
They are just lower leg bone Pig are called Hocks 

Beef are referred to as Shanks

Osso Buco only mean bone with a hole in the middle. (something like that)

Richie 

What is the difference between hocks and shanks?

Same part of the animal. But, because Hog legs are smaller, you get the whole portion. Same for Lamb. With Beef and Veal, the lower portion of the leg are cut into a few portions...JJ

Thant really loos good, It's been a long time since I had that and it was great. Nice job ---  
points1.png

Gary
Gary thanks you should be able to get them down their 

Richie

Veal is nonexistent here in the mountains and I do love Osso Buco. Thanks for the brilliant idea, Richie! Point

Disco

Veal is nonexistent here in the mountains and I do love Osso Buco. Thanks for the brilliant idea, Richie! Point

Disco
Disco even made with the beef shank it is great.Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky