Pollo a la Brasa wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bangstick

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
South Carolina
So as some of you may know, I recently posted some pictures of a pollo a la brasa chicken I cooked. Well, I love wings and I love the pollo a la brasa marinade I use on my whole chickens so I figured I'd do some wings in that marinade.

I prefer a whole wing so I don't separate the drumette from the flat. I let them marinade for 24 hours and put them on the Woodwind and smoked them @ 225 until IT was 160. As they approached that IT, I heat up the deep fryer to 365. Once the wings are done, I fry them for 4 minutes. This step gives me the crispy skin I'm looking for. Plus, I like how the marinade takes on a deep mahogany color when fried.

They turn out moist, juicy and crispy every time.

Attachments

• wings1.jpg
    wings1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 47
  • wings2.jpg
    wings2.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 48
  • wings3.jpg
    wings3.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 49
Nice looking wings, and you right the color on them is great.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: bangstick
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky