Pigs Pig Barrel is Born

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking good there Joe! I gotta get me one of those drums!

Bubba, you might just be getting an order soon, have to sweet talk momma some!

What does the valve at the bottom do? How do you control the temp? With the amount of wood/charcoal you add?

SmokeyWray

The ball valve is what controls the air intake. That in turn controls the rate of burn, or temperature. To heat it up you open the valve or remove a cap from one of the other intakes, then adjust the valve again.

How long it burns at a given temperature is controlled by the amount of charcoal (fuel) that is available to burn.

TN_BBQ

Once the fire is going and temps stabilized there is no need to access the basket. I can shake the basket from the top with a rod (through the food grate). This thing will burn long enough to cook an entire butt or brisket without a problem.

Discount to GLBBQA members!!
biggrin.gif

I was going to start a new thread, but then I figured the maiden voyage is all part of the drum being born. So here's the mid-way Q-view from the Pig Barrel putting forth some most excellent pigcicles..

The loin back ribs

The Thin Blue wisping from the exhaust

Temp doing a fine job at 240º

I may not have time for the finished pics, but these are enough to keep bubba from saying it didn't happen
biggrin.gif

yeah bubba, I just had the lid off. It has been running (on the gage) from 215 - 240. I ain't worried bout the temp in the pic.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky