PID and heating element?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well this isn't a smoke house answer but I'm getting this Auber WS-2000F-USB with the N1050 PID to control my 1800 Watt (@ 15 amps) heat treat oven........ It is way more advanced than a smoke house control with ramp and soak programing.......I will drive my little oven to 2300 degrees..... yea baby...

From Auber - " Model 1: Designed for North America 120V AC power lines, where most circuits and outlets in a home in North America are rated as 15 Amp. The maximum power it can drive is 1800W. The input socket is IEC C14 and output socket NEMA 5-15R. For this model, the compatible input power cord option is NEMA 5-15P to C13, 14AWG, 10 ft. "

1800watts/120 Volts=15 amps. Our house is wired for 15amps. on all the receptacles, so in your case at my house you’re at the limit. Toss in an extension cord you might start tripping breakers. Watch for heat by touching the plug end at the wall. The 1400watt PID would be beyond the 1800watt element, I don’t know how the PID would react but I would suspect heat buildup which in a worse case scenario COULD result in a fire. I would suspect that you would be shortening the life of the PID by pushing it to the limit.
Thank you. I decided to go with an inkbird that could handle the element. For your peace of mind, it's on a 20 amp breaker.

Here is my install

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky