Peach Jelly & Jam ~Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
A friend brought over a peck or a little less of fresh peaches and of course I made jelly/jam. I like my biscuits and toast and meat glazes made with fresh peaches. I try to keep about a case or 2 of strawberry in the freezer, maybe a 1/2 case of apple (caramel apple is really good), 1/2 case of raspberry, 1/2 of corn cob, 1/2 of watermelon, maybe some apricots. Really whatever I get my hands on to play with. LOL

I have gotta share I am really starting to apprecaite the small sampler/1/2 cup jars. They don't clutter up the reefer for months cause no one want to take the last bit. LOL If you want more get another jar. And with all the flavors I kind of like to bounce around. Seriously I like the samplers because I can give away more that way too.

Anyway today was peach.

IMG_1754.JPG

Peach jelly (and yes I do use the skins and stone/pit/seeds). Jelly is clear fluid and always has the most beautiful colors when held up to the sun light. I hear many talk about the cyanide in the stones, But I have not died yet, but my man parts glow in the dark and some of those parts have fallen off but I figure its like those extra screws they always ship in the box for assembly. You know the ones I am talking about. LOL

IMG_1757.JPG

Peach jam, made with the fruit. Not so pretty but the taste is amazing. Just like biting into a ripe piece of fruit.

IMG_1758.JPG

So there is about a case here total. I still have some of last years batches I keep in the freezer just incase there is a bad crop one year. LOL

IMG_1756.JPG

I experiment alot also, I mean, there is watermelon that tastes just like a jolly rancher watermelon, or so I have been told. Corn cob is another different one. I did a few of those jam samplers today as peach maple, really looking forward to trying those on a pork roast or a ham. Know where you want to go, know how which method you want to use and just follow instructions, its basic chemistry and if I can do it............

BTW I forgot the muscadine jelly and my holiday jam, you'll never want to use cranberry sauce again, and makes one hell of a jello mold. Oh Oh Oh... then there is cowboy candy! But its not jelly....LOL

Its fruit season and who says you can't just have a spoonful of jelly occasionally for a fresh fruit flavor to linger in your mouth, LOL. We are all big boys (as long as no one else is in the room), no one is the boss of us anymore!

BTW it makes good fruit liqueur also, it will liven up a Thanksgiving /Christmas party!! But that's another story.

Last edited:
That all looks and sounds great. We've been picking blueberries for quite a while now and I've thought about making jelly or jam but that's as far as I've gotten "thought about it" lol

Wow your my hero! I am seriously thinking about getting one of those steam juicers. I only done mustang grapes so far. Trying to come up with a good sugar free but not sure there is such a thing!

Last edited:
That all looks and sounds great. We've been picking blueberries for quite a while now and I've thought about making jelly or jam but that's as far as I've gotten "thought about it" lol

Thanks

Its as good a way to say fresh fruit as any other and you can enjoy it then without further effort other than maybe opening a bag of bread.

Wow your my hero! I am seriously about getting one of those steam juicers. I only done mustang grapes so far. Trying to come up with a good sugar free but not sure there is such a thing!

I have never used a steam juicer, I am sure had Mom, Pop (the only one of these to make freezer jelly/jam) or either of my grandmothers used one I probably would though.

Are you putting the pits in the jars too?

No, no pits in the jars, I also don't add the skins. <shrugs> If there was enough cyanide in stones/pits/seeds I am pretty sure I'd be long dead by now, although, I do know I'll die someday and there is a 1 in a 1 million chance that I could be the exception to the rule. But as posted on the other thread, that's my humble opinion, you've got to follow yours. Thats why they didn't just stop with Vanilla ice cream. Remember what parts of the fruit the 'natural' pectin comes from.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky