Peaceful morning to smoke a Pork Butt - QView - Final QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bubba in texas

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Central Texas
I put this 4.5 pound butt on this morning at 5 a.m........man it's peaceful out at this time of the day sipping on coffee and reading this forum.  A little warm here in Texas, but peaceful nevertheless.

b2c8581a_2012-07-06_18-14-55_680.jpg

Pork butt - pre rub yesterday evening.

3f76de87_2012-07-06_18-23-41_275.jpg

Pork butt - post Jeff's Rib Rub yesterday evening.

ac80b22f_2012-07-07_05-07-56_493.jpg

Pork butt - hitting the smoke at 5 a.m.

be31cbc6_1341701494512.jpg

Bad pic with my phone camera, but the final product.

ba1ab7de_1341701807802.jpg

I used "Jeff's mistake" method......best PP I"ve ever made, bar none!

c3f45f4c_1341709998704.jpg

Final product.....PP sammy, onion slaw, Shiner Bock borracho beans and a glass of WL Weller!  Life is good!

Last edited:
Completely agree, but I think it's gonna be a hot one.  Was just cleaning/weeding my garden and the sweat is starting to pour already.  I better pace myself! 
icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to the SEC...looks like a good start to some good Pork! 

You better drink plenty of fluids.  May I suggest Shiner Bock?  (I would say Ziegenbock but it's just an imitation craft brew marketed under Anheuser-Busch's ICS (Import - Craft - Specialty) brand, positioned as a Texan beer to compete with Shiner Bock).

I'll go with the Shiner! Live about 40 minutes from the brewery and used to work for the Coors distributor that sold it.

SEC is gonna be rough for a few years but Sumlin is doing a helluva a job recruiting. Most excited I've bee n in a long time about Aggie football. Sherman just underachieved here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky