Pastrami internal temp?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikeweber83

Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
I have been smoking meat for a few years now and i just got a fancy shmancy probe thermometer. before now i have almost entirely cooked by look and feel but this weekend we have at least 15 quests coming so i figured i would go the extra mile.

So what temp do you guys recoomend if i plan to remove rest and chill around 4 hours before slicing/serving?

I have been smoking meat for a few years now and i just got a fancy shmancy probe thermometer. before now i have almost entirely cooked by look and feel but this weekend we have at least 15 quests coming so i figured i would go the extra mile.

So what temp do you guys recoomend if i plan to remove rest and chill around 4 hours before slicing/serving?
I am using a Maverick ET71 I think for the meat temp, I am looking to hit 200* but will check with a Tooth Pick Test as it comes out of the stall.Tooth Pick so it goes in like it was hot butter.

Richie

thanks for the info. ill have to take some Q pics and get em up if i have time between the mob of family and friends.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky