Padawan Smoker from Amish Country, Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jfluckey

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Nappanee, IN
I am from Nappanee, IN. I have a weber performer grill.  I have plans on making a whole-hog-size smoker once I have established my emergency fund (financial responsibility trumps bbq 
icon_cry.gif
).  I've been perusing for a couple weeks now and have learned quite a bit (especially acronyms like TBS, ABS, etc.) . This isn't my first forum, but it definitely seems like the nicest.  I would feel comfortable asking questions here.  I hope to get to know some of the established smokers here.

Welcome from a fellow Hoosier!  Sounds like you may be getting some help from Mr. Ramsey which is always a good thing (emergency fund).

I have a Performer and love it.  You can smoke on that pretty easily.  Ribs and Chicken especially but I've had friends do pork butts on their 22.5" kettle.

Hello and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you here - an emergency fund is a very important thing to have in these times. 

Thanks everyone!
Welcome from a fellow Hoosier!  Sounds like you may be getting some help from Mr. Ramsey which is always a good thing (emergency fund).

I have a Performer and love it.  You can smoke on that pretty easily.  Ribs and Chicken especially but I've had friends do pork butts on their 22.5" kettle.
Yup Dave Ramsey (modified plan 
icon_smile.gif
).  I have intentions of doing a pork butt on mine very soon, after I get a reliable remote thermometer to better control my temp.  I'm thinking of the Maverick 732.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky