Overnight pork butt on wsm 18

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmitchell418

Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Stewartsville, NJ
Hey, all

Friday night I tried out my new wsm 18 by smoking a 10# butt. Rub was a dry concoction that has served me well. Adds a little heat to the bark. I started with a full and packed ring of Royal Oak lump and used the Minion method. Temps stabilized at 250 and pork went on the rack at 11pm. Wake up call at 4am when Maverick told me the temps were falling off. Added more to get sleep till 6:30am and at that time added another full ring of lump. Temps stayed at 230. After 13 hours in the smoker I pulled it out and out it in the oven at 255 to help it along. 3 hours later it was finally done. Wrap and rest for 2 hours and pulled. Added a finishing sauce recipe found elsewhere in the forum and it was awesome! Next time I'll try Stubbs briquettes and probably pop it in the oven after the temps fall off the first time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky