Opinion on a brick oven/smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

luiscsmorais

Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
Hey guys!

First time posting here.

So.. i have no experience with smoking nor have i ever even seen one but, exploring this forum has awaken my curiosity in it.
I'm building a bbq area in my house and i wonder if i can adapt my current build to include a small vertical oven/smoker.
Before i dwelve into studying how to do this properly, can you guys look at the photo and see if what i would like to do can actually be done?
Or should i just forget and buy a offset smoker?

Thanks!
smoker idea.jpg

Fine idea. As you indicated with the yellow highlights, your firebox in in the right location. What design do you have for a damper system?

Hey there!

Thanks for the reply!
Haven't givin it much tought... the idea would be to let the air in trough vents on the lower left side and exit trough the chimney on the right upper side... some system using a steel plate on the exterior of the wall. Altough not sure how big the air vents would need to be!
Exploring these forums i've havent seen a smoker build this small! you think i can get good temp managment with something like this?
How would i divide the cooking chamber/firebox? steel plate? if so, smoke holes on the left and right side of the steel plate? what dimensions would be ideal for each chamber?

Thanks again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky