OMG I ate the whole thing!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oceantoad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2022
I picked up another 3 pkgs of spare ribs today at $1.89 a lb and a couple of pork butts to go with them at $1.99 a lb. Got home and proceeded to fire up "Ole Black Betty"! While she was warming up, I trimmed up a couple of slabs, used some mustard as a binder and powdered every nook and cranny with a home made rub. Started them on the grill at 2:00pm, flipped them end for end and leap frogged them at 3:30. Pulled them at 5:00pm slathered them with honey, butter and some Sweet Baby Rays mixed with ACV. Wrapped them in foil and back on the grill they went. Pulled them at 7:00 pm, gave them one last smear of SBR and back on the grill for about 20 min to harden up the sauce. Pulled them off, let rest for about 30 min and then dove in. I've made ribs in a crock pot before but never on a grill. Especially on an off set stick burner. Wish I could impress the wife in the bedroom as I have the last two days with the BBQ smoker. Another win for the cook. I could have built a nice model of a log cabin with all my cleaned bones. I finished my slab and was eyeballing the rest of my wife's slab when she shot me the "BACK OFF" look. Next time I might cut back on the rub. In my opinion, I feel that I laid it on just a tad too thick. First bite was powerful, but seemed to ease back a bit further into the dinner. I used chunks of hickory and Ash wood. Bought a box of hickory at Wally World but have unlimited supply of ASH in my woods. Tried to keep the temp around 250 to 270. Got to invest in a wireless thermometer. I about wore a path in the hallway of our house from the computer room to the back door every 10 min, then every 20 min for 5 1/2 hours. Can't wait until cooler weather gets here so I can stay outside. Not when it's 80 or above. I'll hang out inside sucking up all the AC I can get.

Yeah, no photos weren't done. That's how we look at it here even though you enjoyed a great sounding meal. As far as a remote temperature monitor, I have Ink bird brand.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky