Oh if only I had a big enough smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
I wish lol

Reactions: JLeonard
Hoping so.... Still working on my recipe for that.
I'm planning on getting about 40 pound live weight. You loose quite a bit between gutting it, and all the bones and such.

Reactions: negolien
Pack up and take a little road trip. We can build you whatever size smoker you want. Getting it home however is entirely up to you :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Not to steal this thread, I'm looking for a new thing to learn to make things and the idea of welding to make smokers has come up several times. It really sounds interesting, except for the moving of the finished product.

Getting it home is the problem!

I do look at the smokers you make with builder envy. Thanks for the inspiration.

This Canadian is usually pretty good with Southern slang, but I may need a translation this time
Home-Microwave.jpg

Reactions: indaswamp
They have models where you turn a crank and the grate the pig is on can be lowered or raised without taking the lid off. Makes it easy to get crispy skin when the INT of the pig is about done....

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
There are also models with a griddle on top of the coals that can be raised/lowered...for cooking tortillas...cooking a pot of beans...keeping things warm....etc.....
Really popular for parties and such....

Those models usually have a double side door that you can open to check on/remove the pig from Microwave underneath the coals.

I definitely want to build one of these....

Until then I wonder how it'd work to smoke the pig to the desired IT on a big wood burning reverse flow, and then crisp the skin either over a fire or with a tiger torch....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky