Offset vertical smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mandel gagnon

Original poster
Jul 13, 2023
So this is the is the design that I came up with for a vertical offset smoker I got all my calculations from feldons bbq pit calculator. I was thinking of doing an isolated one which would hold the heat better use less wood, and would hold heat in the colder days here in Canada. Constructed from 1/4 in steal on the inside then insulation the wrap the outside with 1/8 in steal. For the cook chamber. Then for the fire box I was going to line it with bricks. (Not dubble wall) then I'm not sure what to use for the base. Was thinking of using square tubing. I have a funny feeling this is going to be a heavy beast. This is my first build so any info from the pros in here would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if the calculator takes in account if the smoker is isolated or does the calculations go from size of the inside of the cook chamber and fire box. Pics of your build would be greatly appreciated thanks for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_074934_Sketchbook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_074934_Sketchbook.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 44
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky