Nuking a steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Some supplied ideas after the steaks were cooked, but I went with

[B]jcam222[/B] and his reverse sear link.

The pan was mentioned to be super hot. The link said ripping hot. My dial has 1-9
Check on line and some said 6 was fine. Anything hotter could warp the pan (one I used was 2.5 mm thick) 3 minutes per side
While the steaks were done (about medium). They did not come out anywhere close to recipe image below. Not even 10% of image. More of beige color with some darker spots, no crust.
Crank the temp up? for next time. Maybe 7.5/8
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__images__2017__02__20170217-reverse-sear-steak-09-40c78a6b18d047d09824a252e6e3dbca.jpg

Thanks

DON

Please no MW…..put the pan on mid high - dry, when hot add a bit of oil (tbsp), sear each side and edges, 2-3 mins per side, you are just looking for nice color…..drop 2 tbsp of butter with some herbs and garlic tilt the the pan so you can spoon the melted butter over it…..spoon for about 30-45 second, then in the 375 degree oven to finish to desired INT….put the pan right in the oven…. You can do 2 strips per pan
This!!
And invest in a cast iron skillet......Can find them at a decent price at Walmart and etc.
Just realized your not in the states.....But get a cast iron and do a little googling....Can do amazing stuff with it.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky