Now what?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It was D O A! Bent RTD, no wifi connection. I had a Grilla, connected right away, worked fine until ignighter broke on day 4. Maybe i should just stickwi agas grill.
I know you reported the damaged RTD to Traeger and they were sending a replacment...did you report the networking issue? Will they send a new wifi card? Or offer advice? (Such as moving it to ~10' from a wireless router?)
Sorry you're having issues. It isn't uncommon.

Last edited:
Why lean the grill? ...
Not necessary. Just useful in removing the fairings/covers. Getting it up a couple feet helps me but others can work down low just fine. Ramps or a scissor lift are options too.
Just for something as simple as changing oil, I find the older I get, the higher I lift the car to ease getting to things. When I was young, I couldn't afford even a floor jack and had to do everything with just a bottle jack. But now I'm spoiled! :emoji_sunglasses:

Learned something the hard way. Traeger wifi cannot deal with WPA2 security. Only WPA. Once I allowed the older, less secure gear access to my network, I was able to connect the Traeger Silverton 810 to my network, and the internet. However, the grill must have the control panel facing the router which means I need to stand in front of our windows to use the grill instead of having it in the usual place over by the wall with the control panel facing the rest of the deck so I have room to work. so I guess I'm going to have to buy an 80 to $100 extender after buying this $1,400 grill.

New subject how do I get rid of these annoying adds on this site?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky