Not sure what to buy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I call my WSM, "Smoking for Dummies" easy to use. It really is about as close to set-it-and-forget-it as you can get with a charcoal smoker, wich is why they are considered one of the best smokers you can buy for the under $500 market.
Awesome.  I grew up on charcoal, used a Weber kettle growing up, and had one for a while when I moved out.  I only have a gas Weber now because I inherited it from my Grandfather and since I didn't have a grill I couldn't pass it up 
smile.gif
.  I've really been wanting something charcoal again anyway but for smoking I was initially scared off by all the stories about how they had to be constantly messed with to keep temp.  Jeff's little blurb about the WSM in the charcoal smoker section of Smoking-Meat.com made me start looking at them again.  I know I could get by just fine with a GOSM or an electric like the MES 30 but I also know down the road I'd still want to try charcoal and since the WSM sounds like it's actually pretty easy to use once you read up on how to work it properly, I think I'd rather just spend the money once.

Well I did it!  Picked up the 18.5" WSM today.  Last one in stock in the area lol.  Going to put it together and do a dry run tonight to test out controlling temps and such and to burn off the mfr'ing residue and season it a bit.  Hoping to do some ribs tomorrow but I'm not sure how I'll do with temps since it's supposed to hit 95 so I might just play it safe with some chicken or sausages or steak or something that is not low & slow dependent.

Reactions: blacjac
Way to go!! Now you should buy an 18" terra cotta saucer (like goes under a flower pot, wrap it in aluminim foil and put it in the fôil wrapped water pan. NO WATER! Makes cleanup so much easier.

Enjoy:grilling_smilie:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky