No planting in the garden, yet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLinza

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 24, 2021
Colorado
I see some guys already getting crops from their garden and it's making me quite jealous lol. I'm laid up with the flu and woke up to this again...
20240325_072009.jpg

Too bad about your flu, but that snow has got to go. Gardening soon for you hopefully.

We normally get 1 last storm in March and it is normally on the weekend of the Spring Home Show. which was weekend past . we lucked out we had heavy rain and winds . Thank god no snow this time.
Was out on Sunday picking up all the tree branch falls, it was wet and cold. I'm getting winnie in my elder years . lol

David

Yeah, summer plants don't go into my dirt until father's day on my hill lol.
I hear ya, our rule of thumb around here. Is usually when you see all the snow has melted off of Methodist mountain which is one of our smaller peaks here in town, but sometimes you can sneak it in early.

I hear ya, our rule of thumb around here. Is usually when you see all the snow has melted off of Methodist mountain which is one of our smaller peaks here in town, but sometimes you can sneak it in early.
I'm gonna get to Colorado one day. On my list to see. Feel better !

Reactions: JLinza
ya we woke up to this sh*t this morning also. Over a month of no snow on the ground and we are getting hammered.
Opera Snapshot_2024-03-25_071435_ipc-us.ismartlife.me.png
screenshot-www.theweathernetwork.com-2024.03.25-15_16_16.png

Get rid of that darn flu soon! Within the last 2 or 3 days we had an inch of snow, some ice, probably 3 inches of rain in a couple all day soaking rains, thunder, lightning, small hail. Switching back to ice, then snow tonight and windy tomorrow. Better than cental Nebraska... blizzard warnings, winter storm warnings.
So we are still indoor gardening!

Ryan

Reactions: KBFlyer and JLinza
Get rid of that darn flu soon! Within the last 2 or 3 days we had an inch of snow, some ice, probably 3 inches of rain in a couple all day soaking rains, thunder, lightning, small hail. Switching back to ice, then snow tonight and windy tomorrow. Better than cental Nebraska... blizzard warnings, winter storm warnings.
So we are still indoor gardening!

Ryan

Damn, you guys are fighting this weather too. Hopefully we'll be done soon, though we've had snow in May around here before. We once had almost 5 foot on May 5 one year.

• Wow
Reactions: Brokenhandle
I can put up with the snow but its the "
A slow moving, strengthening Colorado low continues to bring snow to the area over multiple days. Snow will begin to ease Tuesday night.

In addition, there is a brief risk for freezing rain or ice pellets tonight or early Tuesday morning."
that I hate. Taking down powerlines and doing damage to trees.

I'm sorry to hear you're down with the flu. That's no fun! Don't stress about missing out on the garden just yet. Focus on getting better first. As for me, I've been keeping busy with my bonsai tree. It's a relaxing hobby that brings a touch of nature indoors. If you want to explore bonsai trees to add beauty to your garden, check out this guide at https://bonsaiforbeginners.com/guide. It's git tons of useful tips! Take it easy, and get well soon!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear you're down with the flu. That's no fun! Don't stress about missing out on the garden just yet. Focus on getting better first.
I'm all better lol. That was a while ago

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky