newly enlisted smoker aficionado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

plazdiddy

Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
hi gang...newly registered member here. ive been smoking for about 2 months now, pretty much at every given opportunity. ive successfully made pork ribs (babyback and spare), pork shoulder, beef ribs, and chicken thighs. not so successfully: beef brisket and my first 'shoulder' (crooked butcher gave me a brick of loin). needless to say, i am completely addicted to the dark art of low and slow cookin.

ive been working off my chargriller smokin pro, burning mainly wicked good weekend warrior lump for direct grilling and briquettes for the sidebox. ive also tried using apple and hickory as smoking wood (excellent all-around woods in my opinion) and i have some pecan and cherry being shipped as we speak.

im looking forward to participating in this community, learning and sharing the lessons ive accrued thus far!

Welcome to SMF! There's lots of info here on how to better this "dark art" you speak of, plus there's a few mods to your CG that you may want to look into, they should really help with the effeciency of your new smoker. Also check out Jeffs Free 5 day eCourse. Tons of helpful info in there for rookies and pros alike. Post lots of pics of your goodies, When we ain't smokin we loves droolin.

Sounds like you're going to fit right in with the rest of us black magicians!
icon_evil.gif
Welcome, there is ton of helpful stuff and plenty of knowledgeable folks ready to assist!

Enjoy!

Starting off your weekend by joining the SMF is a gateway to some fun! Be sure and checkout Jeff's 5 day e course, it's a good source of information.

Welcome to SMF!!!!

You will find all the help you need here.

Lots of good ideas & if you have a question you will get a good answer to it here.

Glad you found us & again WELCOME!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky