Newish member from Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ericwilder

Original poster
Sep 24, 2017
Hamilton, Ohio
I’ve been a member since this past summer but haven’t posted anything. I guess you could say I’ve been sandbagging. I’ve only been smoking for a little over a year. I have a char-broil 725 smoker. I’m an avid hunter and fisherman that is looking to learn more about smoking wild game.

Congrats on the smoker and welcome back.
My husband and I are both captains and avid hunters, looking forward to seeing some new smoking meats. We did oysters and a brisket yesterday, we haven't done any venison on the smoker yet still waiting on a good recipe for sausage to smoke.
We have done a tone of fish and other game like rabbits.

Congrats on the smoker and welcome back.
My husband and I are both captains and avid hunters, looking forward to seeing some new smoking meats. We did oysters and a brisket yesterday, we haven't done any venison on the smoker yet still waiting on a good recipe for sausage to smoke.
We have done a tone of fish and other game like rabbits.
I have been wanting to smoke some rabbit but haven’t tried it yet. I actually have three of them that I killed yesterday soaking in salt water to draw the blood out.

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a nice sunny chilly day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Eric,
Hello neighbor! I'm right next door in Liberty township. I also hunt and fish. Welcome back to the forum. It's nice to see some fellow buckeyes on here.
Dave

Hey Eric....also close here in Fairfield.....if you got any questions, feel free to hit us up. Avid hunter and outdoorsman here....active with men's group of hunters at church, Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry, and Whitetails Unlimited.

Again, feel free to reach out if you need any help!!! Good Smoking!!

Welcome from your neighbor to the east (NY). I'm also new to smoking and I find this forum as an invaluable resource.
Good luck with your hunting, fishing and smoking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky