Newbie Smoker from Arkansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bchase

Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
Hello from Conway Arkansas.

I have read a lot of information in this forum already.  Great resource.  I just got me a Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain and plan to do a pork butt tomorrow.

Previously I was experimenting with indirect heat on a Master Forge grill.. But I am excited to now have a WSM unit.

I will be using a sticky from Meowey I read tonight on here as a cheat sheet for the smoke. 
439.gif

I will let you know how it goes!

Barry

Welcome Barry, this is probably a dumb question, but you did season that nice new smoker?

This is a great place you have come to, have fun.

Keep on smokin'                                     Ed

Welcome from SC, Barry. I hope you will enjoy this great site. I know you will like your WSM. They don't really require much season due to their hard finish. I had one for years and I know you will get a lot of good meat from it.

Good luck and good smokin', Joe. :grilling_smilie:

Hello all,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

GearJammer - I was not planning on seasoning it.  I've read where it's not completely necessary in other posts.

I thought briefly about firing some charcoal only up and running 300-400 for a bit first, but from other posts I've seen a lot of people just put a butt on first and go with it.

Barry

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky