Newbie Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevin13

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 8, 2007
Wentzville, MO
Hello all, this is my first time smoking, so I apologize if this has already been asked, the search didn't yield any results.

I just recently went in on a hog with a friend and in the process had a butcher cure the hams and bacon. Now I want to smoke the hams and bacon so that they taste much better than just the cured meat. What is the proper temps and durations for these? I assume that once the hams are smoked, they should be properly baked as typical store purchased hams? Any info. is greatly appreciated as all of this is completely new to me.

Also, if it helps, I have a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hey Kevin, head on over to roll call for a proper intro, lota bacon guys here, they'll be along shortly
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky