Newbie from Texas here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hdgator6

Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
Just thought I would drop in and say hey from the North Dallas area.. Been a complete novice for a few years... Smoked a couple of turkeys and a few briskets on a Webber Kettle. Decided to step up a bit with a new Old Country Pecos. Love the information I have found here so far...

Burned it in, Seasoned and have thrown a rack of ribs on it...
Saturday I have a 16lb brisket that will be smoking all day...

Welcome aboard, they host pictures here so no worries on where to turn, just add em in and share. We like pictures so we know folks are blowing smoke lol

My new Pecos...

Attachments

• New Smoker.jpg
    New Smoker.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 13
Just picked up these diverter plates for my Pecos at lunch. Tonight I will clean the machine oil off of them and then season them in...

Attachments

• Pecos_Plate.jpg
    Pecos_Plate.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 9
Just thought I would drop in and say hey from the North Dallas area.. Been a complete novice for a few years... Smoked a couple of turkeys and a few briskets on a Webber Kettle. Decided to step up a bit with a new Old Country Pecos. Love the information I have found here so far...

Welcome to SMF from an old Denton County boy!

Reactions: Hdgator6
Tonight (Saturday Night) I have family coming over and I decided to cook a Brisket for them on my Pecos.. I am up monitoring this thing sitting next to it keeping warm...

I have 2 briskets on - one has been in the freezer for longer than I care.. When pulled from the packing it smelled fine, however not wanting to risk it ran to WinCo for another.. I figure if the older one is good, I am going to make some smoked Brisket Chili...

Sitting by the smoker and ordering myself a Christmas Gift. InkBird IBT-6XS

Pic...
20191221_015752.jpg

Welcome to the forums, I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky