new to the site new to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to SMF from just down the road from you. Lots of great information and people here. If you're looking for something cheap to to a test run with, I'd recommend a fattie, stuffed or not, it's a great cheap way to try things out. And not to mention usually turns out delicious!

I think might just do that, I'm like a kid with a new toy and just want to get something going. It looks like the prep time on a fatty will mean I can get smoking right now while my pork butt is rubbed, wrapped in plastic wrap and in the fridge for 12 or so hours.

Welcome to the forum dalglish..... Pitrow is right, fattie is a good starter. Kinda hard to mess up a fattie too much, stuff, roll, cook to 160/165. Should take around 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours depending on the size, remember temp not time!!!!!

Have fun with the new toy.

Edit - Actually went and read this post from the start ...... Hi from another U.K. escapee, i moved here from Maidstone, Kent. Been to Portland ....... very nice part of the country ..... and at least you'd be used to the rain already :-).

haha, well I had enough sun to last a lifetime in San Jose as I lived there for 3 years before settling here. I'm going to post this in the sausage forum but here it is :-

1LB pork sausage meat, caramelised onions and peppers, portabella mushies, mozzerella and sharp cheddar cheese,sprinkle of fresh sage and oregano. Wrapped in bacon.

First - welcome to the SMF!! the pulled pork guide you found is great advice!! The 5 day ecourse is a great way to start out!! Love the qview already!! Welcome to your new family!! If you feel the need... ask any questions you have... lots of friendly folks here who are always glad to help!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky