New Member From Minnesota.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hoernemann68

Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Minnesota
Hi My name is Adam, from Zumbrota, MN. I myself do not own a smoker yet but my father is into smoking and grilling. I enjoy grilling on my charcoal grill. Lately I have been trying to perfect the art of corn on the cob on the grill. I hope to learn and try many tricks of the smoke and enjoy new recipes found here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Adam, welcome to SMF!  Glad you are here and looking to learn anything you can.  We love to share tips and ideas.  What type of grill do you have?  The type equipment you use can help folks give you ideas you can use right off the bat. 

The stores are full of sweet corn on the cob right now.  I like to peel back the leaves but keep them intact on the cob.  Strip away the silk, coat with salted butter, then pull the leaves back up and cover the cob.  I'll pull off one of the leaves and tie it around the end to keep the leaves from peeling back on the fire. 

On my grill, gasser or charcoal, I set up direct and indirect heating.  I'll nicely brown, slightly burn the leaves of the cobs on all sides over the direct heat then move them to the indirect heating side.  Close the lid with vents full open and let the cobs roast for about 15-20 minutes.  They come out with that great roasted corn flavor you can only get on a grill. 

Have fun!

Ray    

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky