New home for new life

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

02ebz06

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 1, 2012
Rio Rancho, NM
Well OK, it's not new life, it's reanimated life.

Started some starter a few days ago and the Brod & Taylor Sourdough Home just showed up today.
Been using the proofer in colder months, and counter top in warm months.
This can have temp adjusted from 36f to 122f.
To get above 99f you have to switch to Celsius scale as the the display only has 2 digits, then use some math.
No biggie for me as I don't foresee ever needing to go that high.
The door is designed to close by itself. Guess to keep temp in it from changing.
Takes up a lot less space on the counter than the proofer.
Sour Dough Home 2023-11-16_1.jpg
Sour Dough Home 2023-11-16_2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! And way too funny... the comments, not your new toy.

Ryan

Reactions: 02ebz06
Well OK, it's not new life, it's reanimated life.

Started some starter a few days ago ...
Yeah the great enabler BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker and his copious threads on bread goaded me to make a new starter. I have resisted the $$$ so far as the counter is more than adequate temps so I don't need the mini kegerator, and my conventional DO will have a double life.
About a week in and the starter is still very immature and getting fed regularly. Forgot to feed one shift and it rewarded me with a good tantrum. Finally getting back on schedule.

Good luck with your infant.

Reactions: 02ebz06 and chopsaw
Yeah the great enabler BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker and his copious threads on bread goaded me to make a new starter. I have resisted the $$$ so far as the counter is more than adequate temps so I don't need the mini kegerator, and my conventional DO will have a double life.
About a week in and the starter is still very immature and getting fed regularly. Forgot to feed one shift and it rewarded me with a good tantrum. Finally getting back on schedule.

Good luck with your infant.
LOL

Ok then I won't mention that I'm getting a Goldie.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky