New from New Mexico

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tiburon

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 19, 2019
My Son just gave me a Electric Pit Boss, showed me how to use it with a Butt, Ribs and a pair of sauages. Test run was great, in fact he wanted to take it back, he said it smoked the best ribs he's ever done.
I won the battle and his wife said when they got back to Ga., their home, he could buy one for himself.
I've been studying on here for months waiting for my smoker and learning from you all. Now it's time to join the group and apply my lack of experince to your thoughtful oversite.
Wife says Burnt Ends, so when the storms allow the smoke will bellow forth and I'll let you know how it worked out.
Thank all of you for sharing your experince and time here and I hope I to will one day be able to help others. Tiburon, aka Chuck

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome to the site and congratulations on the new smoker

Chris

Followed you so i can find you easier, i have an electric smoker as well.
Remember you can smoke more than meet.
one of the best things i smoked was mini potatoes, for potato salad.

My Son just gave me a Electric Pit Boss, showed me how to use it with a Butt, Ribs and a pair of sauages. Test run was great, in fact he wanted to take it back, he said it smoked the best ribs he's ever done.
I won the battle and his wife said when they got back to Ga., their home, he could buy one for himself.
I've been studying on here for months waiting for my smoker and learning from you all. Now it's time to join the group and apply my lack of experince to your thoughtful oversite.
Wife says Burnt Ends, so when the storms allow the smoke will bellow forth and I'll let you know how it worked out.
Thank all of you for sharing your experince and time here and I hope I to will one day be able to help others. Tiburon, aka Chuck

Welcome 6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN ! I grew up in Alamogordo, so I've been to Tiburon. In fact, I had a friend Bebo who's family was from there. Great place to be from. Once again, welcome to the group!

Welcome to the forum. I have a Pit Boss pellet smoker, and it is awesome. Ask a lot of questions, try different things for a while and enjoy the journey !

Thanks everybody! I look forward too your views and boo's as I learn this weight inducing, hobby(?), no life style.

Reactions: snakehead
Welcome from very northern New York. Hopefully you can delight us with some NM regional recipes using your fabulous local chiles.

Does having posole and stuffed sopapillas for dinner right now count as delight, well for me YES, not so much for you guys an gals. LOL
Going to cook my pork butt and a beef roast for some burnt ends(finally) starting tomorrow. I'll let you know how this works out. Wish me luck, doing this smoke alone.....

Well, I got them in the refridge and will start the smoker in the morning. They looked good in Jeff's Rub. I'll try to remember to take pics before putting them in the box.

Got the roast out and cooling down now. Shoulder is giving me fits, won't cross the the 165 degree line, yet. Had to bring it in as it rained on my smoker and me. Don't want water and electricity to mix, heard it was bad!
Here it is before and after the smoke.
IMG_20190901_082845.jpg IMG_20190901_132109.jpg

Welcome Chuck. Let the addiction begin!

"Does having posole and stuffed sopapillas for dinner right now count as delight, well for me YES, not so much for you guys an gals."

WRONG!! :emoji_laughing: This forum covers a lot more than just BBQ. Personally some of my favorite posts these days are from Chilerelleno when he does Mexican food. My good friend snakehead snakehead who replied above, makes some pretty amazing Tex Mex stuff that I love seeing too....but he just doesn't post enough of his culinary masterpieces :emoji_wink:

All that aside, welcome from Central Texas!! This place can be one Hell of a ride once you get comfortable and get on board.

Robert

Good Morning, Welcome and a Big Howdy from East Texas and the Best Site on the Web

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky