New 14.5 WSM

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by garyinmd, Mar 23, 2014.

1. garyinmd

garyinmd Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Seen a post on here awhile back about Weber coming out with a smaller version of the WSM.  Not sure if anyone else posted about this yet but seen the 14.5 advertised in the paper today.

Gary

2. Saw it in the Walmart ad this morning too.

3. savupoika

savupoika Smoke Blower

Just saw a advertisement here in Finland, it is on sale for a limited time 100euros/137$.

4. savupoika

savupoika Smoke Blower

Nobody has this ? It would be nice to hear how it performs, i assume its better than Mini wsm.

5. Yup, I bought one back in January.
    It performs excellent, just like the other WSMs.

~Martin

6. savupoika

savupoika Smoke Blower

Have you measured temps on bottom vs top grate ? I guess its eco-friendly what it comes to briquettes or lump.

7. As you'd probably expect, there can be a small temperature difference between the top and bottom grate but not enough to make an appreciable difference.

~Martin

8. savupoika

savupoika Smoke Blower

Yes i did, but it wont get hot enough to burn pork or poultry on the bottom grate ? This is only sale on sunday, i probably get it since the price is very affordable.

9. You need to control the temperature to avoid burning.
    Not a big deal, the WSMs are known for holding temperature well.

~Martin

10. savupoika

savupoika Smoke Blower

Thanks, i dont think that i can go wrong with this.

11. bakedbean1970

bakedbean1970 Smoke Blower

Bought one at christmas. Nobody in sw colorado carries them so I got it on amazon for $199 free shipping. Holds heat excellent for several hours. Flavor is much better than my electric which I use for sausage.

12. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Ahhhh..... those are soooo cute! [​IMG]  jk'g

Can't go wrong with a smokey mountain of any size. Enjoy! 

13. To give an idea of size and yes they are cute - a mini R2D2

14. savupoika

savupoika Smoke Blower

These were sold immedieatly didnt get one! I will keep looking maybe i find used 18.5 or 22.5 for good price.

15. I'm getting ready to press the button on this one this weekend!!!!! Do they require a test burn or some kind of seasoning prior to loading up meat?

16. No they don't, however until they are seasoned they will run a bit hot and will leak just a bit.

17. I'm thinking about a WSM later myself, but I'm probably going to get the 22.5. Gonna save a little at a time until I can get it.

18. Watch Craigs List, they have them off and on, usually for a good price.

19. bakedbean1970

bakedbean1970 Smoke Blower

The 14.5 is sweet. I Dont feel bad using the small one when i just want to do one rack of ribs chicken or a tri tip. Dont have to waste so much fuel.