Need some ideas on easy smokes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hilltoppernole

Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
FL
There's a outdoor festival and camping event two weeks from now. Buddy of mine is bringing his smoker, he is going to cook one day and I am going to cook the next. He has a box style electric smoker where you can set the temp so we don't have to tend to the fire all day.

He is doing ribs so that is out.

Wife is going pulled pork in the crock pot so that is out as well.

Thinking wings would be a good idea, quick and easy.

Even had the wild idea to do a brisket overnight to have for the next day, never done one on a electric smoker.

Any recipe ideas, thoughts or tips?

Fattie and ABTs

Country style ribs

Sliced Chuck and chuck roast burnt ends

Brisket will do fine in an electric but as you know it's a long smoke.

Wings are quick but it's tough to get the skin right in an electric.

As mentioned above wings will have tough skin in an electric smoker because you really need 300F-325F+ temps for the skin to not turn leathery.

HOWEVER, you can pull the skin off chicken quarters and smoke away.  Or brine some boneless skinless chicken breast and smoke away.  Neither chicken cut should take more than 3 hours so a strong and heavy smoke would be idea.  Chicken is super cheap, and you can always pull it apart for pulled chicken. 

I personally wouldn't pull apart the breast but the thighs are amazing that way.

Other than a meat loaf, I think you have most of the quick smoke items down (ribs) and others have suggested great options for quicker simpler smokes :)

How about a couple of big fatties!

Fattie sliders are always a hit!

Al

Last edited:
I would buy chicken leg quarters and cut the leg from the thigh. Use different rubs with some more spicy than others. Add some stuffed jalapenos, a few links of sausage, and corn on the cobb to the smoker and you will be the hero.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky