Need Ideas. Smoke/BBQ With an Italian Flair

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeon

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Working on a gig with a local resturaunt. The guy's very interested, but the place is an Italian/pizza place. He'd like do a bbq/smoke event on a slow day, but would like it to fit in with the rest of the resturaunt's theme.

Any ideas? All I've got so far is fattys made with Italian sausage. Maybe an oregano rub for pork shoulder? There's got to be something.

ive done smoked bbq spaghetti a couple times using smoked ground pork for the sauce & topped fresh mozzerella before putting in the smoker, my wife like this dish alot

I think I have also seen a smoked lasagna done here as well

Just running with it here, but maybe a smoked vegetable salad? Zuchini, Onion, Tomato, Garlic...all smoked and combined with a good italian style dressing and herbs?

Smoked cheeses? Asagio, Mozz, Prov etc.?

Smoked italian sausage? Smoked Lasagna? Smoked pizza? Smoked Calzones?

Hope that helps.

Italian beef sammies. Sirloin tip smoked to a beautiful medium, sliced thin and served on a sammie with onions and peppers and a little au jus on some nice italian bread.

I love this idea. I usually smoke a london broil then slice it thinly for sammies with smoked provolone or mozz. Topped with tomato, sweet onions & peppers and fresh julienned basil on some crusty italian bread??? Oh yea, baby....

For a fatty perhaps (Just thinking this out as I type but..),

Saute some onions, garlic and bell pepers in a pan and thoroughly season with Italian seasoning and pinch of black pepper and salt.

Boil some penne up.

Find a good nutty cheese like parmesean (not shredded or the Kraft kind)
Slice it or chunk it. Mix the veggies, pasta and cheese and you have your stuffing.

Use a sweet italian sausage when it is flattened pehaps lightly coat with marinara then dop on the stuffings. I would then use Proscuito for wrapping the fatty.

OR..

You coould always smoke some meatballs
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

You could cold smoke a bunch of cheese, different kinds for the pizzas. Smoked eggplant for some eggplant parm sammies. Smoked seafood for a cioppino.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky