My first butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nudib

Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
florida
Got up early and started some wings and my first butt.Have done ribs,wings, and chicken,but this is my first butt. Can`t wait to tear it open.
image.php

This is my first attempt of adding pics,this about 3.5 hrs into it,internal temp is 101. nudib

Will do,when it reaches 140 I`m going to wrap it up in foil and finish it at 200.does sound about right? thanks nudib

yeah thats fine,I never rap mine,get them to 190 and rap in foil and towel and then in cool box for over an hour,works for me.But I see that there are lots of different ways,the end result is the same.Some Real Good Eatn

I'd look, but those pics are HUGE!!
If you do figure out how to post here, please knock them down to 800 pixels wide first.
wink.gif

Congrates on the butt.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

The wings are great and the butt is awesome, will be eating it with the family tonight.The best part is leftovers.The wings I marinaded in wing sauce and some sriracha chili sauce.Smoked for 3.5 @200.Then pulled them out and flashed on the grill.They have smoky flavor but with a kick.I do the same thing but marinade in Italian and garlic.Then after the flash I sprinkle with parm chz.Thats awesome also.I love wings,but tired of the same old wing. Heres the final pics. Thanks for all the help.nudib

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1aM6iA

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1aMiMi

Looks good congrats on a fine smoke
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Stop into the Roll Call forum and give us a hint of yer setup and experience. Well..I guess we got the experience figgered out...but what kind of smoker???

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky