Music Video Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here is some stuff from the lineup of the first Lollapalooza in 1991.  I saw it at the fairgrounds in Orlando, FL.  Microdot was involved.  I don't think that EBN, Fishbone, or Violent Femmes performed at that particular show, but they were on the tour.

Siouxsie and the Banshees:

That was the 3rd best concert that I've ever seen (and I've been to quite a few).  The 2nd best was Nirvana in OKC.  Cobain had an incredibly powerful stage presence.  The hands-down best was the Grateful Dead in Birmingham, AL.  Unbelievable.  They were a legend.

Lets see , some i've seen

Loudest concert ever ,

Led zepplin

longest show

Bruce springsteen

Best concert ever IMO

Pink floyd / dark side of the moon

I'd love to have been able to see PF when Waters was still with them, but, sadly, the opportunity never arose.  Also, I play guitar, and Page is a HUGE influence.  I'd give just about anything to see him perform.

Seeing the Dead was an experience beyond words, though.  I was never a fan until someone took me to the show.  They were like puppets being controlled by demonic forces, and the raw power just echoed throughout the place.  It was almost frightening, but it touched and moved me deeply.  RIP Jerry.

Cobain had the same thing.  He was clearly channeling something through himself, and it was remarkable.  RIP Kurt.

What's eerily coincidental is that the last two high-profile concerts that I attended (Nirvana and the Dead) resulted in a major member of the band dying within a few months after I saw them.  Maybe I'm superstitious, but I haven't gone to any more concerts.

With that in mind, I'll leave you with this most controversial thing.  I don't even know what to think of it.  Strangely enough, I find it amusing.

It was demonic forces . Heroin .

These guys couldn't understand that some mind altering chemicals helped the early super groups write and perform some great concerts.

But , Mind altering chemicals have never contained opium.

Here's the band I toured with. We all fell down after 10 years. I was mentor, sound engineer,artistic advisor, tour manager and security. We were 5 amigos.
icon_cool.gif

Last edited:
I'll have to disagree because I've actually slammed heroin before.  There was nothing "mind-altering" about it.  I didn't like it because it just made me feel like I was in the hospital on pain killers.

You can't attribute the performances of Nirvana and the Dead to drugs.  That was raw talent right there, my friend.

I've seen shows from Metallica to Hall and Oates.  NOBODY has ever come across like Nirvana or the Dead -- not even close.  And, yes, I was on acid at every one of those shows, so the comparison is equal.

Speaking of Hall and Oates, here's a favorite:

It was demonic forces . Heroin .

These guys couldn't understand that some mind altering chemicals helped the early super groups write and perform some great concerts.

But , Mind altering chemicals have never contained opium.

Well, I won't post it here for *obvious* reasons, but if you have a seriously warped sense of humor like me then do a Youtube search for "richard cheese my neck my back".

just when you thought it was safe to look at pictures of brisket...

Last edited:
This is the official video for "Pendulum - The Other Side".  They wouldn't let me embed it so I downloaded it, changed the name to "Smoked Alligator", and uploaded it to my channel (in the "Pets and Animals" category, lol).

Anyway, it's a great song and video.  Enjoy.

My top 3 favorite to watch music videos are:

1) Epic song and video from the Beasty Boys

2) Girls with power tools.... only BBQs could make this video better

3) Ok this video has

- a good song,

- a robot,

- cowboys who do Kung Fu,

- laser guns,

- a hot chick in bikini armour riding a unicorn

- and a decent little story.

Also Muse was known in N America for this song (in Guitar Hero) first, and not their involvment in the Twilight Movie series. At least that is what I tell myself...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky