Muffaletta Olive Relish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Hi all. Here is another favorite of mine. Olive relish. It is great on sandwiches, pizza, sliced and toasted bread, and celery.
This recipe will make about a pint of relish.
1 cup green olives with pimentos
1 cup kalamata olives
1/4 cup onion
1/4 cup fresh parsley
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
tsp or so of fresh lemon juice if you want a little tartness to the relish.
1 stalk celery

PA031214.JPG

Put everything in a blender except the olive oil. Mix until it is coarsely ground.
Then put in bowl and add the olive oil. Start adding the oil gradually until it has the consistency you want. It usually takes the full amount. And it will thicken
when it sets up in the fridge.

PA031215.JPG

Couple olives missed the blades!
You can take a loaf of baguette bread. Slice it thin. And brush on some evoo and spices with parm cheese. It took 5 minutes in the air fryer at degrees.

PA081226.JPG

This makes a great snack. The relish will keep for a month in the fridge. Though it only lasts a few days here.

Love it! Easy recipe...JJ

Looks great, Steve.

Huge fan of a nice spicy hot muffaleta, I like chiles in mine and some of that preserved eggplant, can’t remember what it’s called. It’s deadly on a salami and provolone sandwich too.

Reactions: indaswamp
YES!!!!!! I love olives--green and kalamata--so this looks like a WINNER to me. Gotta make some.
But........those kalamata olives don't look like they've been pitted. That must be some killer blender you've got there. LOL
Thanks for the recipe, Steve.

Wow! Never heard of olive relish, most definitely going to try. Sounds like a keeper recipe.

Looks tasty! Big like.
Thank you!

Love it! Easy recipe...JJ
Thanks! It's is simple and good!

Dang that sounds good! I may have to make a batch soon.
Thank you!

Looks like some fine snackage to me Steve, Like! RAY
Thanks, it is!

Steve my man....Chargrilled oysters with some of that olive spread, chopped sun dried tomato, and a little Parmesan cheese....WHAT!
That does sound good, thanks!

Looks great, Steve.

Huge fan of a nice spicy hot muffaleta, I like chiles in mine and some of that preserved eggplant, can’t remember what it’s called. It’s deadly on a salami and provolone sandwich too.
Thanks, I like it on crusty bread with mortadella or ham
, salami, and mozzarella cheese. Never tried it with chiles.

Looks pretty darn tasty, gonna have to try it out.
Thanks!

YES!!!!!! I love olives--green and kalamata--so this looks like a WINNER to me. Gotta make some.
But........those kalamata olives don't look like they've been pitted. That must be some killer blender you've got there. LOL
Thanks for the recipe, Steve.
Lol! They were pitted! Thanks!

Wow! Never heard of olive relish, most definitely going to try. Sounds like a keeper recipe.
Thank you!

Hi Steve! thanks for posting this recipe. made it yesterday with a fresh sourdough loaf. KILLER! so making this again! Wife and I devoured it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky