"More" button doesn't work in IE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryan in louisville

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
Louisville, KY
When I click on the "More" button to view more threads, the webpage scrolls back to the top in IE 9 under Windows 7. Also, the subscriptions only button does the same thing, scroll to the top. I tried Chrome and it works fine. Any ideas?Ryan

mine does that too now...i cant do the little emoticons either when replying or a multi-quote its making me angry, cuz i cant upload pics without having the little icons on the reply box.

I have to wonder if it's internal to IE and not the forums fault.  I got a new Windows 7 machine hooked up yesterday and I didn't have the "More" button issue.  This morning I fired up IE and went to several webpages I frequent and IE kept popping up errors and saying it needed to restart.  Also, out IT department is rather strict so who knows what kind of restrictions they have imposed on my computer.

Ryan

yeh im right there with ya, glad its not just me. and as for the strict IT dept, im on a DOD computer.lol. i tried to ask yesterday and they said for me to take them to the page so they can see the issues...lol. nope im good. thanks IT..haha

Well I thought I was good to go using Google Chrome. I installed it yesterday and used it all day. Shut my computer down last night and this morning when I try to start Chrome I get a message that our IT department considers Chrome a security violation!?!? So, I fire up IE and back to the "More" button issue. In addition to the "More" button not working, updated threads do not appear without manually refreshing the page.Does anyone know of a workaround on this problem in IE or am I just stuck with a painful SMF view at work?Thanks,Ryan

Last edited:
Bumpin this again. Haha. It sucks that I have to use my phone to use emoticons. thanks windows phone. Haha. Now if there was a way for me to use the add picture feature.:devil:

Uuuummmmm...did anyone at SMF change anything because all of a sudden everything is back working like normal for me.  And it appears I can do an enter and it actually puts a hard enterin the text.

I am hearing the twilight zone theme in my head righ now.

I know...I posted it was working and then I restarted my computer and the next day, it was back to not working.  I am now convinced it is either a setting on my machine or (what I really think it is) our IT has some sort of filter turned on.

I view SMF from two other Windows 7 IE 9 machines and both of them work fine.

i believe its an IT filter. now how to go about asking them to let me have access again. haha when i chat with them they tell me to take them to the site so they can see whats going on. im too chicken to say anythng..lol.

Testing a theory...will edit post in a minute to update if theory was correct.Edit:So much for the theory. The last 2 times after I made a post the "More" button started working. So, I made a post and the "More" button doesn't work. Now I am back scratching my head as to what is causing this problem.

Last edited:
Well...2 days in a row and everything seems to be back to normal.  I haven't done diddly squat so I don't know if our IT did something or maybe Huddler changed something, but it's working 
sausage.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky