MES30 Digital No Heat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin' ACE

Original poster
Nov 3, 2023
New member here. I have read all the troubleshooting on the MES30 heat issues and were very helpful. Here is where I am at. Initial thought was a bad digital controller so installed an OEM replacement today and did not fix issue. I have ohmed the heating element and it is 18.1ohms. Connections are solid. Cut the back panel.open to access the safety switch. Disconnected the wiring and it ohmed out so switch is closed. Installed a jumper to bypass the switch just in case still nothing.

Both old and new digital.control board displaying random temps.

I am thinking the only thing left is the power control board. Is there something I am overlooking?

That would be the only thing left. It powers the top controller and has a relay that gives the 110vac to the element.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky