MES - Cold Smoke Modifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

elkhorn98

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Occidental, CA
Anyone have photos of their cold smoke mods to the MES? I am thinking to run foil duct hose to a cold box. What are people building their cold boxes out of? cardboard? old smoker?

cold_smoker_11.JPG

Elk , here is what I did with my MES, for cold smoking...

I used the box it came in and framed it with wood , I put a steel pipe down threw the front left corner of the box as the fourth leg , I believe it was a piece of 3 inch exhaust pipe and it fits perfect into the outlet vent of the mes.....

I cut a door out the front , fastened in a hardwood dowel in the top of the box to hang my bacons on , and put a 4 inch vent into the top of the box to let the smoke out ....

this works well , but the cardboard is not holding up do to moisture , and is gonna have to eventually be replaced , I will probably use thin metal or maybe wood such as panelling etc etc , to keep it light , hope this helps ya with an idea or 2
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

T-Bone,

Nice job. I am thinking to do something similar. I need to find a metal box or build one. What temp do you keep the MES to cold smoke in the box?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky