MEGA FATTY!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

michief

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
Austin. Tx
 I usually do 3 or 4 fatties using the standard 1 gallon ziplock method, a great and safe method that many have sworn by for decades. This time however I didn't feel very safe at all and decided I would place 3 lbs of a pork/burger mix in a 2.5 gallon bag.

My hope was that the additional thickness of the meat layer would make it easier to roll, harder to have a bust point and it would hold a lot of goodies in the middle.

in this case I tarted with a layer of blu cheese, a layer of swiss, sauted garlic and onions in a mix of chopped bacon from a previous fatty weave, and mushrooms.

It rolled like a dream even with a huge amount inside. I failed to get a picture at that point as I was covered in gunk. This is the 14x4.5 monster filling up a bradley rack as it waits to go in. More to come!

Oh yeah... I left this one naked to be even more dangerous :)

Last edited:
Done a bit early and going into the cooler

yjy7y7ar.jpg

ebaryrur.jpg

Not long now

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Man I gotta say it was much more moist than my smaller ones and everyone loved it

4u5yny6y.jpg

2uby2egu.jpg

Real happy with the results and will be trying some new variations soon.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky