Meadow creek bx25 opinions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

russmn

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 14, 2016
I've been searching around the net to find a cabinet style smoker that's with in driving distance. Meadow creek has a dealer that's a 2 hr 15 min drive from me. The bx25 is about 1700 bucks . The no shipping is very appealing. I can't find much info on the bx25.. also I'm having a hard time visualizing how much meat can really be smoked on this . This will be my first expensive smoker. if anyone has a meadow creek smoker or knows first hand about these smokers I'd appreciate your thoughts

Specifications:

Overall Dimensions: 30”D x 36”W x 55”H
Grates: 11 1/2” x 17 1/2”, Custom S.S. Wire Grids 1/2" Spacing
Smoking Chamber: 12"D x 20"W x 22"H
Fire Basket Dimensions: 15”L x 11”W x 5"H
Net Weight: 325 lbs.
Shipping Weight on skid: 425 lbs.

Standard Features:
Satin Black Exterior
High Heat Primer Interior
2 Solid Urethane Tires
5 Gallon Water Bottle
14 ga. Double Wall with 1" Insulation
3 S.S. Custom Wire Grates
Slide out Grease Pan / Grilling Pan
Removable Ash Pan
Slide Out Fire Basket
All Positive Lock Latches
Built in Guru Adapter
1 Thermometer
Gravity Feed Water Pan
5 Different Positions for Grates
Cast Iron Spin Vents
Gasket Seal on Doors

Standard Options:
Satin Fire Engine Red
New Holland Blue
John Deere Green
Up to 2 Extra Grates
Stainless Steel Interior
Vinyl Cover

Things I'm not sure about
Spin vents

Only 1 inch insulation vs some others are 1 1/2 to 2 inches . I live in central mn and
smoke food all winter. At times the highs are in the negative
They paint the inside and some people online have had issues with it
The latches are not the normal slam latch style

I'm have not use or cooks on one but I have seen them up close and put my hands on a couple. It's a tank.

I like the spinning vents. Seems like it would give you micro control of airflow. As for insulation, I would have no idea how that would would in MN in winter. Seems like any smoker would take half a day to warm up!

Last edited:
Haha yeah it's cold here in the winter .. I use my UDS all winter with no issues so I'd assume 1 inch can't be worse then a barrel but I do know it's thinner then some smokers I've never even seen a quality smoker up close .... so this is a hard decision for me ..

I don think maintaining temps is an issue in the cold, other tHan using more fuel. It's getting it up to temp that will take time and that would be the case with any thick walled smoker, insulated or otherwise. I assume it can be done since I can't imagine the whole of the Midwest going without smoking fo 4+ months. I know I can't go more that a week without smoking something!

The backwooDs party is looking pretty dang good to. I just gotta find out what there shipping to mn would be ... buying my first well built smoker this summer is proving to be a harder decision then i thought

I wouldn't let shipping way too much on the decision, within reason, of course. Backwoods and Humphries are reverse flow vertical.

One thing to consider is whether you want it to fit a full size pan.

i really don't know what the benefits are to having the capability to fit full pans. I've moving up from a UDS so that's the only experience I really have with smokers

i really don't know what the benefits are to having the capability to fit full pans. I've moving up from a UDS so that's the only experience I really have with smokers
It gives  you the ability to cook meat in a pan or put a grate of some sort on top on a pan to catch drippings, whether it be for using the drippings or easy cleanup. Briskets and full racks of ribs would need a full pan for that. It doesn't really allow you to cook something that you wouldn't be able to cook without using a pan, just a few more options. 

My theory is, if I am going to step up in size and quality, having that ability would be a consideration. Why not? There are a few other options in that $$ range that would facilitate use of full pans. I am not sure it would be a deal breaker for me, but a consideration. Have you looked at the Humphries or Backwoods? Or Stumps? 

Having said all of that, I do like the Meadow Creek, having touched a couple. I would be thrilled to have one. 

I've considered the humphreys pint ... waiting on my shipping quote from them. I'm at the beginning stages of shopping for a new smoker. I plan on buying one this summer.

I'd like to keep the price around 2,000 before shipping. Also capacity is a major concern. I really like the battle box but I feel like I'd out grow it quickly. We have a big family and all the kids are becoming teenagers haha so they can eat !my wife and I plus 7 kids can Destroy some BBQ!

Well after doing some figures the bx25 is out ! 17.5 inch grate !! Never even dawned on me that I'll be lucky to fit a whole rack of ribs on it! Much less a brisket!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky