Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't been here in a L-O-N-G time, but wanted to see what was thought about the MB Gravity Grill. Although I love the ease of my Pit Boss pellet grill I also am disappointed in the amount of smoke I get from the it, even after adding A_MAZE-N tray and tube to cooks.

I was on the fence about the MB gravity grill, but the comments here are going to make me take the plunge.

I sure do appreciate the knowledge here, so a big thanks to all! Now, I'm gonna have to figure out how to tell my wife, I'm getting something new.

Reactions: negolien
I haven't been here in a L-O-N-G time, but wanted to see what was thought about the MB Gravity Grill. Although I love the ease of my Pit Boss pellet grill I also am disappointed in the amount of smoke I get from the it, even after adding A_MAZE-N tray and tube to cooks.

I was on the fence about the MB gravity grill, but the comments here are going to make me take the plunge.

I sure do appreciate the knowledge here, so a big thanks to all! Now, I'm gonna have to figure out how to tell my wife, I'm getting something new.

It’s not quite as easy as a pellet grill but it’s damn close. It makes up for it with flavor.

My first advice get the mb cover I got both the grill and the cover from mb and had 0 damage . Shipment with thru estes and a contract driver for finally deliver curbside.

Watch the screws to the handle or u will drop em in the lid trust us we almost all did it LOL. Foil top firebox lid. Silicone the rubber firebox gaskets or add rope like some of us have done. I did lavalock on the front where the lid drops and it has worked fine. Season and burn off per instruction manual use alot of high temp canola oil to season. Feel free to seal joints with high temp sealer. Mine smoked a bit for the fist few cooks but settled down nicely. Lumps good in the hopper and wifi bt can be kinda buggy,

Any questions just ask us theres a bunch of us with 560 here now.
grill.jpg

I've got the 560 and it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
But negolien is not kidding about the handle !

I tried to get it together myself, balancing the handle while manipulating the screw, flat washer and lock washer... the handle fell and I broke one of the ends.
Super glue to the rescue !
Got my wife to help hold and the screw fell inside the lid ! Yes that is what can happen...

Magnetize the Screwdriver !

Luckily my wife as slender fingers and phished it out for me...

All Good !
Happy Ending !

I'm seriously thinking of buying a MB 560 to replace a natural gas Blaze grill. However, because I'm not a good cook when I use my Blaze grill the flare ups tend to burn more dinners than I like to mention. Therefore, I have two questions regarding the MB 560. First, are flare ups an issue with this grill? And secondly, is this grill large enough to smoke a large turkey if I decided to go in that direction?

Reactions: Will Squared
I'm seriously thinking of buying a MB 560 to replace a natural gas Blaze grill. However, because I'm not a good cook when I use my Blaze grill the flare ups tend to burn more dinners than I like to mention. Therefore, I have two questions regarding the MB 560. First, are flare ups an issue with this grill? And secondly, is this grill large enough to smoke a large turkey if I decided to go in that direction?

Normal cooking temps (250-350) are flareup free. It's when you have it cranked up to 700deg when flames lick out of the manifold you get flareups, but that's when you're searing off a piece of meat usually. Can't say about a turkey, but I put a 22" wide brisket on the grill for one of my first cooks and had room on each end. Height won't be a problem

Keep your gas grill to cold smoke... or have to heat up extra pans of stuff.

Last edited:
This thing is so easy to cook on. Only flare up I've had is when I got it up to 500 put was able to manage it. Plenty big enough for that size bird.

If you turned it on but didn't light a fire I would suspect the fan would run on high . Whatever you would use for smoke would naturally draft upwards without a fan

If you turned it on but didn't light a fire I would suspect the fan would run on high . Whatever you would use for smoke would naturally draft upwards without a fan
If im not mistaken if it doesn't start raising temp after a bit ypu'll get ERR4 on the display. i can't remember if fans continue with ERR4 or not.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky