Mangrove Snapper Almondine, Italian baked tomatoes, and Roasted Zucchini and Squash with Mushrooms and Onions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Simple dish, but OH SO GOOD! Trick is to zest the lemon then simmer the peels in a little olive oil in the pan prior to cooking. The Lemon oils infuse into the olive oil and knock the flavor out the park!

1595707748825.jpeg

You had me with the title description and then knocked me out with the pics! Very nice stuff.

Ooh, I would be a happy diner at your table.
I have lemon infused oil in the bottle for a short cut.
No shrooms for the other half. Job put me 2-4 weeks late on the the garden. Summer squash (yellow and green) close to being weeds

not exactly sure what snapper almondine:emoji_confused: is but everything looks pretty tasty
Thanks smokerjim. Snapper is a saltwater reef fish. The recipe is posted above.
That looks amazing! Love Snapper. Can you post up the recipe for the almondine?
Thanks Steve. See link.....
Yes sir, fine looking vittles.
Thanks Flatbroke.
Looks great. I really like the idea of infusing the lemon zest into the oil before frying the fish.
Gary
Thanks Gary, it definitely kicks up the flavor!
You had me with the title description and then knocked me out with the pics! Very nice stuff.
Thanks jcam222! It's a fairly simple fish dish to make. Any firm white flesh fish can be substituted.
Ooh, I would be a happy diner at your table.
I have lemon infused oil in the bottle for a short cut.
No shrooms for the other half. Job put me 2-4 weeks late on the the garden. Summer squash (yellow and green) close to being weeds
Thanks Fueling Around, I didn't get any pics. but made Bruschetta and crustinis for an appetizer. I had some tomatoes with blemishes I had to do something with quick. With all the rain I'm getting cracks on the fruit, and with the heat, they don't last long on the vine. A friend got the squash and zucchini at the local farmers market.

Love snapper & used to eat it a lot when we lived on the coast, but since moving inland, not so much.
Yours looks fantastic!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky