Making Fermented Pickles - Dill Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbraas

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
This will be my first attempt at making Fermented Pickles. I wanted to ask, as I have seen it phrased differently different placed, is there a difference between dill weed and the "fresh" dill you might get in a package at the grocery store?

Anyone know if there is a difference between a "bunch" and a "head" of dill?

The recipe I have calls for 2-3 Bunches of Dill. My wife picked up One 1 oz package of dill at the store. Would this most likely be "1 Bunch."

Thanks.

A head of dill is just that..one flower and associated branches. A bunch is prolly like 3 heads. Dill weed is just the dried flower.

How much is the recipe supposed to make? 3 bunches is alot of dill.... at least 4-5 lbs of pickle?

Yeah, that's for 5 lbs of pickles. I was thinking I would need two of the pacs of dill from the produce section.

We'll see how it turns out. I can always go more or less next time...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky