Lumberjack pellets in SF Bay Area, CA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

itsmedude

Original poster
Dec 4, 2023
bay area
Ever since Dick's sporting goods stopped selling lumber jack in my area, I've been searching everywhere nearby with no luck. Lumber jack's group buys have stopped since the pandemic.

I was able to find a nearby business that just became a Lumber jack dealer, with first order set to arrive shortly.

Anyone in the area?

Reactions: tallbm
Do you have any friends with pellet smokers ?
If you do, get together and order a ton.
I've done it a few times.

Do you have any friends with pellet smokers ?
If you do, get together and order a ton.
I've done it a few times.
Just know a few people, but most are happy with traeger pellets to match their traeger grills.

Have a friend that signed up to be a dealer, so he will have to buy and sell enough to not get dropped by Lumber Jack. That means I will be smoking alot more to help out.

Reactions: BigW.
Just know a few people, but most are happy with traeger pellets to match their traeger grills.
Unless Traeger has changed recently, their pellets are misleading.
i.e. cherry pellets are (oak or some other base wood) with cherry flavorings. No cherry wood.

Traeger uses oils to lace the pellets with, I have bought a lot of pellets over the last 5-6 years but not the first 1 of those, not sure what type of oils or wood are used but don't like the idea of it. LumberJack is my favorite but Kingsford is right there with them but cost more

I'll have a large supply of Lumber jack, now that there's a local dealer.

The average user buys a traeger, and usually sticks to their branded pellets not knowing the difference.

I'll try to get those people on board, in order to get the local guys supply moving.

Ever since Dick's sporting goods stopped selling lumber jack in my area, I've been searching everywhere nearby with no luck. Lumber jack's group buys have stopped since the pandemic.

I was able to find a nearby business that just became a Lumber jack dealer, with first order set to arrive shortly.

Anyone in the area?
The LJ website shows 7 dealers within 100 miles of SF. I buy from a home based dealer in my area and usually get 10 bags when I buy. Based on how often you cook, that might work for you as well. You also might want to call LJ and ask them if they have any home based dealers in the SF area.

Anyone in the area?
Can't you just go down to the tenderloin district? I hear they're some good sales going on in that part of town.

Chris

You can order it to be picked up at your local Walmart. Amazon sells it. With a little planning it can be delivered to you.

The LJ website shows 7 dealers within 100 miles of SF. I buy from a home based dealer in my area and usually get 10 bags when I buy. Based on how often you cook, that might work for you as well. You also might want to call LJ and ask them if they have any home based dealers in the SF area.
Their dealer list is very out dated. Most of them are no longer in business. But as I mentioned, there is a new dealer nearby now. Just a heads up to anyone in the area that only wants Lumber jack.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky