Low and Slow Smoked Prime at a real low temp?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cid79

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Michigan
I have done a few Prime Ribs normally at 225° for several hours and they turn out great, but I was wondering if anyone has smoked a Prime Rib, say at 180° until it reaches 110° IT, and then did a reverse sear, if you have how did it turn out, I am thinking about trying this.

I have done a couple of Prs reverse sear but i usually take it to 120-125 are and then sear off. i haven't done that low of a temp. I did do a rev sear for my father law where it was at 140 and then made the slice a dark grey...but he likes to ruin meat before he eats it. ( and adds A1 or ketchup)

If you try 180 and sear at 110 take some pics and lets see how it comes out and maybe i will try that!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

Well gentleman I probably won't be doing it to this massive 15 pounder that I got, and I'm cooking for a group that I am camping with, I was hoping someone else on here as done one like that already, but since no one has, I will have to do it to my old method, that is tried and true to work.  But I will be buying a smaller one in the future and trying it to see how it does for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky