Looking to upgrade smokers!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dustin1

Original poster
Apr 5, 2015
I have a Masterbuilt Pro 30". I want to upgrade and I was wonder what is the best one. Right now I can't put chips in without opening the door and the door doesn't have a seal around it among other things. I purchased this one just to get my feet wet. I just want a quality unit now. Thanks for any suggestions.

Dustin1 - May I suggest looking at the smokers from Smokin-it (SI)?  Compared to Masterbuilt, they are pricey; compared to Cookshack, they are a bargain.  They are all stainless steel inside and out; heavily insulated with fiberglass, have a 3 year warranty, and are utterly reliable. 

You can check them out here: http://www.smokin-it.com.  

Their Model 2 and Model 3 are available with either the analog controller or the digital controller.  Use the search feature at the top of this page and you can read many posts on the SI smokers.  There is also a SI user group and you can find it under the 'groups' tab at the top of this page.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky